To achieve long-term results, we all have to start somewhere. Deciding to do a hard workout each day or going on a fad diet to lose 50 pounds, is not the answer – it’s like going from zero to sixty in a few seconds – maybe good for race cars but not for humans. And definitely not an effective long-range plan. To change your habits in 2014 so that you can be fabulously fit for life, you need to start with baby steps.
I have some favorite baby steps that have worked for me and my clients over the years. Here are the top twelve that will help you throughout the year:
- Make pure water your beverage of choice. It cleans and erases.
- Eat breakfast as this will break your metabolism out of slow gear and start it working for you
- Do a little more chewing. No beverage with meals as it dilutes the digestive juices.
- Know the Hunger/Full Index and eat before you are too hungry and stop before you are too full.
- Tune in and listen to your body. Eat with intention and not unthinkingly and carelessly.
- Know your enemy: sugar, junk food
- Limit the debits by eating only those debit foods you love. Debit foods steal nutrients and health.
- Even a little exercise will wake up those wonderful “feeling good” neurotransmitters that take the message to the brain and increase your metabolism.
- Add some happy nutrients: B complex, the happy vitamin
- Decide on an eating cutoff time.
- A little more sleep – the body repairs and recovers as we sleep. Some say it is the most important non-nutrient.
- Simply erase – set a boundary of not allowing yourself a debit food unless you are willing to erase. (Erase by drinking more water or doing the hoe down – link)
I have a lifetime of healthy living wisdom I would love to share with you. It’s proven, effective and powerful. If you would like to learn more, please join Fabulously Fit Over 50. Make 2014 the year of change!
FREE REPORT LIVING LONG AND STRONG
Enter you email to let me know where to send your 16 Page Free Report on Living Long and Strong learned from the oldest of the old. We will never send you spam. You may unsubscribe at any time.