Enchiladas – Paleo Delicious
I got the basic idea for these from Erin’s Post on Crossfit Ammo. Thank you Erin. I didn’t have the ingredients I needed (like ready-made Enchilada sauce), so I made up one. It turned out surprisingly delicious.
- 8 to 12 Paleo Easy Tortillas or Naan Flatbread
- Shredded Lettuce (I like to use Romaine knowing iceberg lettuce has little nutrients.)
- Filling below
- Sauce below
- Topping below
- Optional Salsa
- 20 oz. Ground Beef
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 TBL Dry Onion Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Can 140x Dice Tomatoes
- 1 Cup + Beef Broth
- 4 tsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Avocado
- 1/8 to 1/4 C. Coconut Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
How to Make
Saute in a big skillet the ground beef and green pepper.
Add in and Cook on low heat:
Prepare SAUCE in a medium saucepan
Combine: Full Fat Coconut Milk Can and 4 tsp Arrowroot Powder
Heat until sauce thickens, stirring all the time
Add in 1 Can Tomatoes and 1 cup Beef Broth
Combine thoroughly and heat
- After the Filling is cooked, place a good amount into each Paleo Easy Tortilla and wrap it up. Place the tortillas in a big oblong glass dish.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the Enchiladas to cover them completely.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 to 25 minutes. Watch carefully during the last minutes so you don’t overcook and dry them out.
- While cooking, prepare the Guacamole Topping by mashing a ripe avocado in a bowl with some coconut milk. Add in salt and pepper to season to taste. Combine in the cut up cherry tomatoes.
- Serve hot Enchiladas with a big spoon of Guacamole Topping and/or Salsa on top.
Download Your Free Report
Enter you email to let me know where to send your 16 Page Free Report on Living Long and Strong learned from the oldest of the old. We will never send you spam. You may unsubscribe at any time.