CASHEW CHICKEN IN LETTUCE WRAPS
Here’s a recipe from Wellness Mama I tested and adapted in my kitchen and found absolutely delicious. The cashews and maple syrup add the crunch, and placing it in a lettuce wrap makes it a light and refreshing. Serves 4.
- 1/2 pound of chicken breast or thighs, cut in to bite size pieces (The recipe originally called for 1 pound of chicken breast, but this is way too much chicken for this amount of sauce. Even with 1/2 pound chicken, I like to triple the sauce.)
- ¼ cup ghee or coconut oil
Here is my revised recipe:
Sauce and Spices
- 1 tsp of garlic powder or 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp natural sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil (optional)
- 9 TBSP (or more to taste) coconut aminos or naturally fermented soy sauce
- 9 TBSP (or more to taste) maple syrup
- ½ cup+ toasted cashews
- Bibb lettuce leaves for serving or Paleo Tortillas
- Place the bite size pieces of chicken into a large skillet of melted ghee or coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with the seasonings and sauté until chicken is almost done and no longer translucent.
- Add the coconut aminos and continue to stir until the liquid starts to evaporate.
- Add the maple syrup and continue stirring for two or three minutes.
- Add cashews and stir until heated.
- Cool slightly and serve in lettuce leaves or Paleo Tortillas.
FREE REPORT LIVING LONG AND STRONG
Enter you email to let me know where to send your 16 Page Free Report on Living Long and Strong learned from the oldest of the old. We will never send you spam. You may unsubscribe at any time.