Chicken Tortilla Soup
Cold weather calls for soup. Here in Texas, we have had a rare few days of very cold weather. I discovered this delicious soup in my Ninja Cookbook.
Ingredients & Easy Directions:
- 1 large white onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded (Place first four ingredients in blender and pulse until chopped)
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil (Heat the oil in stockpot over medium heat)
- 8 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 3 TBLS. Fresh cilantro, chopped (Add above chopped vegetables, tomatoes and 2 TBLS of the fresh cilantro. Saute and stir about 5 minutes.Reserve 1 TBLS for garnish)
- 4 to 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 TBLS fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper (Add next four ingredients above. Reduce the heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.)
- Place 2/3 of the soup into the blender.
FREE REPORT LIVING LONG AND STRONG
Enter you email to let me know where to send your 16 Page Free Report on Living Long and Strong learned from the oldest of the old. We will never send you spam. You may unsubscribe at any time.