Adapted from a wonderfully discovered website called Elanaspantry.com. Please visit this website as she has some of the best ever recipes you will find. Do remember to stay with her Paleo ones. (There are many.) My purchase of Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour had her recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies on it, which led me on this treasure hunt. She may be the best resource for Paleo recipes I have found yet. She also has a Paleo Recipe Book that is on my wishlist.
The very only reason I changed anything was just for time. She calls for 1 cup of almond flour for dusting the dough. I didn’t want to take the time or spare that precious extra flour. Also I did not roll my dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper. I just used one and shaped them. By the way, I love using parchment paper. I notice Elana uses it often.
2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon honey
How to Make
1. Combine the almond flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl
2. Blend together coconut oil, eggs and honey in a larger bowl
3. Mix together until a dough form.
4. Elana recommends rolling out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper to 1/4 inches think and then cutting the dough into biscuits using a mason jar. I simple shaped and pressed mine onto the one piece of parchment paper.
5. Place the biscuits on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
John and I had ours with a little Ghee and some honey. So very delicious. Thank you Elana for creating such a masterpiece. Along with some cantaloupe, fresh eggs and bacon, this makes a fabulous Sunday morning breakfast.
I made about 9 biscuits from this.
Download Your Free Report
Enter you email to let me know where to send your 16 Page Free Report on Living Long and Strong learned from the oldest of the old. We will never send you spam. You may unsubscribe at any time.