Orange Pound Cake
Recently I saw a post from ElanasPantry.com about a new Starbucks Gluten Free Valencia Orange Cake. Apparently it tastes just like the one Elana posted in 2009. She says it was actually created by Claudia Roden. She called it Gateau a l’Orange. It was later made popular by Nigella Lawson, who made hers with clementines instead of oranges.
It is easy and delicious!
- 2 Oranges
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3/4 C. Agave Nectar or Honey
- 2 C. Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
Step One is the Crazy Part
- Wash and then boil the oranges whole with peel and all for 1 1/2 hours. (I cut the time down on my second go around and still tastes delicious.)
- Place the whole oranges (yes, peel and all) in a food processor and blend them until very smooth
- Toss in the eggs, agave, almond flour, salt and baking soda and process until well blended.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 inch cake pan. (I used a Pyrex square dish, brushed it with coconut oil and put a square piece of parchment paper in bottom.)
- Bake at 375 for 45 to 50 minutes. (NOTE: Either my oven is too hot or this is too high to bake at as mine burned. The second time I lowered temperature to 350 and baked 50-60 minutes testing with toothpick.)
- Cool in the pan for 2 hours
This cake is so moist and wonderful. Thank you Elana. Elanaspantry.com
FREE REPORT LIVING LONG AND STRONG
Enter you email to let me know where to send your 16 Page Free Report on Living Long and Strong learned from the oldest of the old. We will never send you spam. You may unsubscribe at any time.