For A Great Birthday Cake Replacement, I double this!
I made these for our niece’s birthday. She had actually skipped Paleo eating for the birthday weekend, but certainly enjoyed them the following week. The palm shortening for the frosting (recipe coming soon) was hard to find. I finally found it at Whole Food Store (in a tub). That shortening made the frosting creamy and totally delicious.
Mix Dry Ingredients
¼ cup coconut flour, sifted
¼ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp baking powder
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
¼ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup coconut milk (full fat or light)
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place dry ingredients in medium bowl and whisk
- Add wet ingredients, except the coconut oil. Mix with hand mixer
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour in coconut oil. Mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly among muffin tins. Use cupcake liners
- Bake 22-25 min, or until center springs back when lightly pressed
- Cool 10 min in pan and turn out onto a wire rack. Cool completely
- Frost with Chocolate Frosting.
Download Your Free Report
Enter you email to let me know where to send your 16 Page Free Report on Living Long and Strong learned from the oldest of the old. We will never send you spam. You may unsubscribe at any time.