Simple Tomato Soup
I slightly altered this WELLNESS MAMA recipe using Ghee or Coconut Oil versus Butter. 30 mins SERVES 4
Wellnessmama.com is a terrific website for Paleo ideas. Katie is a mother of several young children. She must be amazing.
- ¼ cup of coconut oil (or Ghee)
- 1 medium yellow onion (or 2 TBLS Dry Onion Flakes
- 3 cloves of garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 28 ounces of diced, canned tomatoes or 6 fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups bone broth (Chicken Broth for me until I learn how to do the bone broth.)
- 1 cup coconut milk or additional broth
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup fresh basil or 3 tablespoons dried (Fresh Basil makes it so Good)
- Optional green onions for garnish
- Dice the onion and place in a pan with the ghee or coconut oil over medium heat.
- Mince garlic and add (or add garlic powder)
- Sauté until onions are softened and translucent.
- Add tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Mince the basil (if using fresh) and add to pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer for at least five minutes (for richer flavors, you can simmer for up to 30 minutes)
Optional but Recommended: Using a metal immersion blender, carefully blend in the pot until smooth. I use a Blendtech Blender to blend all but the chicken stock. It wouldn’t fit.
Garnish with chopped basil or green onions (optional) and serve.
FREE REPORT LIVING LONG AND STRONG
Enter you email to let me know where to send your 16 Page Free Report on Living Long and Strong learned from the oldest of the old. We will never send you spam. You may unsubscribe at any time.