Autumnal Pumpkin Bread that is free of gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, and coconut!
Author: Danielle Walker- Against All Grain
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sunbutter or almond butter
- ½ cup grade B maple syrup
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (homemade or canned)
- 3 tablespoons softened palm shortening, ghee, or unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup arrowroot powder
- 1½ tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons grain-free baking powder (or make your own- 1tsp baking soda+2 tsp cream of tartar)
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Note: if almond butter is used, decrease baking powder to 1.5 teaspoons and add ½ teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease an 8.5×4.5 loaf pan then place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan.
3. In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine the eggs, sunbutter, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, palm shortening, lemon juice, and vanilla. Puree for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the arrowroot, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, lemon zest, ginger, and sea salt. Blend again for 30 seconds until well combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely before eating, about 2 hours. Store tightly wrapped in the refrigerator.
*baking powder is used as opposed to my preferred baking soda to prevent this from turning green
Download Your Free Report
Enter you email to let me know where to send your 16 Page Free Report on Living Long and Strong learned from the oldest of the old. We will never send you spam. You may unsubscribe at any time.