Long time family favorite, I found the recipe in Cooking Light, Sept 1996
My husband never liked sweet potatoes until I made this.
Serving size 1 ½ cups
Combine in a dutch oven over medium – high heat; Saute 7 minutes or until sausage is browned.
- 1 pound turkey sausage
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- ¾ cup celery, thinly sliced
Add water and next ingredients
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ tsp pepper, coarsely ground
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cans whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped (two 14.5 cans -I added all the juice)
- 1 15oz can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained (NOTE: this would be the only non Paleo approved ingredient.)
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach; cook an additional 2 minutes. This is so good for a cold day. Save any leftover for tomorrow’s lunch.
FREE REPORT LIVING LONG AND STRONG
Enter you email to let me know where to send your 16 Page Free Report on Living Long and Strong learned from the oldest of the old. We will never send you spam. You may unsubscribe at any time.